You can find the complete agenda for the day here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says "Journalism Survival Bootcamp."
Here are some highlights:
May 15, 2010
9:15-10:30 -- How to transform yourself into a tech-savvy reporting powerhouse to cover the journalism of the future. Plus, the top 10 things you need to do now before you change jobs or get laid off.
- Mark Stencel, managing editor of Digital News, National Public Radio
- Mary Coffman, professor of broadcast at Northwestern University’s Medill School
- Tom Kennedy, principal, Kennedy Media, and former Managing Editor for Multimedia at The Washington Post
- Mark Schoeff, freelance journalist, formerly of Crain's Workforce Management
- Moderator: NPC Professional Development Committee Chair Susan Heavey, reporter, Reuters
10:45-Noon -- Building your Brand: How to put your best face forward and where to get the skills you need to showcase your talent.
- Meredith Hooker, managing editor for Internet, Gazette
- Joanne Allen, reporter, Reuters, Masters in New Media, American University 2010
3:00-4:00 -- Where the jobs are: What you need to do for 2010 and where journalism will be in 2020.
- Beth Frerking, Assistant Managing Editor, POLITICO
- Rod Kuckro, chief editor, Platts
- Ken Sands, online editor, Bloomberg Government
- Andrea Stone, senior Washington correspondent, AOL
- Moderator: NPC President Alan Bjerga, reporter, Bloomberg